Friday, May 3, 2013

Breaking into the Motivational Market

        
          
        
Those of you who know me personally know that I have always been different than other people.  I have always followed the trail less trod, marched to the beat of a different drummer.  I am very grateful for that. I believe my purpose is to use my expertise in the field of motivation through the different ways that I analyze things to reach out to those who never can accomplish anything of true value; to help inspire those who have negative attitudes.  This is the reason why I am writing my book; 'Success Through Failure' and the other books I am currently working on. 

          This blog post is sort of an explanation of the blog itself and my website.  It's an answer to the question; what is this guy trying to do? or who is this guy trying to help?  It is my ambition to better organize the site and the blog in the coming weeks to make it easier to identify with but in the mean time I figure I would just write a post about it. 

          My products are going to include books, workbooks, audio cds, video, and e-book downloads.  I want to help everyone I can, from the struggling business owner to the high school kid with a negative attitude.  I want to cater to the needs of them and everyone in between.  That is why I am putting an excerpt of my book on the post.  I am looking for a little feedback, the book is almost through the editing process; and I wanted to give anyone out there who is intrigued about my book a little glimpse of what they will be getting if they do decide to purchase.  Here is a little bit of chapter two from my book; ' Success through Failure' :

                      We become the decisions that we make, the paths that we choose.  We become the experiences that we encounter with those decisions that we make.  My experiences differ from yours because we are all different and have made different choices in our lives.  What we do share in our commonalities is how we learn from our different experiences; we may choose to foolishly disregard learning from a certain experience or we may take the lesson and apply it to our lives for the betterment of ourselves and those around us.
 
            For example, I have an interesting story involving my kayak and a waterfall.   About five miles from my house is a state forest with a large creek running through it.  The state land is about 2,400 acres and consists of a gorge ranging from 350 to 480 feet deep, to where the creek is at the bottom.  It is made up of some of the oldest forests in New York, multiple ponds and over a dozen waterfalls.  The story starts about fourteen miles upstream from the state land, where I had decided to enjoy a beautiful summers day by kayaking the creek.  I launched my boat and set off by myself, not letting the fact that no one could join me deter me from the fun I was going to have.  Considering that there are a lot of class two rapids and even a couple class threes, I left my phone and wallet in the car so they wouldn’t get destroyed.  I jumped in my boat and paddled through the rocks.  As I rounded the gentle flowing bends in the creek, taking in the scenery and a bald eagle perched on top of a giant pine tree, I noticed a patch of rapids followed by a drop of about 500 yards ahead of me in the creek.  So after I traversed the minor rapids I paddled over to the shore to scope out the drop.  I beached my boat to view a small waterfall of about ten feet.  At the base of the waterfall was a tangled mess of massive trees broken, and twisted together from the last flood.  I wouldn’t be able to go over the falls so I put my paddle in my boat and climbed down the rocks to launch at a safer point about 50 yards upstream.  I climbed over the rocks and dragged my kayak back to the creek, went to grab my paddle and realized it was gone.
 
            I am sure you could imagine the panic that came over me at that moment.  I paced up and down the beach where I had carried my boat all the while hoping that it had just fallen out and was lying there somewhere.  For about a half an hour I searched and concluded that it must have went over the falls and gotten stuck under the trees, a place I couldn’t safely go, especially by myself.  So there I was: no phone, all alone and way too far to walk with the kayak, with no roads in sight.  I was literally up the creek without a paddle.  Instead of letting my situation get the best of me, I immediately started to form a strategy.  I found an L shaped branch about four feet long that was about three inches in diameter on the one end to about a four inch diameter on the shorter end.  That was my new paddle.  I used it to navigate the remainder of the five miles downstream to where I was going to be picked up; needless to say it was not easy or safe.  Looking back on the situation, I am glad I made the right choice not to get discouraged and let that situation ruin an otherwise beautiful trip.  I was actually laughing about losing my paddle and being able to say that I have been ‘up the creek without a paddle’ and actually mean it literally.  I will always remember the wonderful time I had that day.  Also, I now have a hilarious story to share with other about my experiences.
 
Any feedback would be appreciated and if you would like a copy of it please go to www.attitudedriveslife.com and pre order yours today.  Thank you for taking the time to read it and comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment