While doing my daily reading I came across a lot of different people stating the enormous importance of persistence and what it can do for your plans, problems, goals and dreams. Some of these people most would regard as influential yet others have never heard of them, but they all share similar things about the simple yet powerful habit of persistence. I implore you to study these quotes; even these people to further your passion for excellence and improvement in your lives.
1. "It's not that I'm so smart. It's just that I stay with problems longer." - Albert Einstein
2. "So long as there is breath in me, that long I will persist. For that I know one of the greatest principles on success; if I persist long enough I will win." - Og Mandino
3. “Rain puts a hole in stone because of its constancy, not its force. Just keep knocking on doors until the right one opens” - H. Joseph Gerber
4. “If you do not have persistence then no amount of education, talent or genius can make up for it.”
- Stephen Richards
5. “It’s good to remember that success may be just beyond the next failure, and you’ll get there, not because you’re destined to, but because you’re determined to.” - Steve Goodier
6. "With each failure comes a lesson to learn. To merely give up on failing would be detriment to your experiences and your intellect. - Tim Zugger
7. “You haven't failed until you stop trying.”- Jon Gordon
These quotes can help change your attitude on your habits and goals. Maybe even help you accomplish something you never thought you could do. Always remember you can do anything. It just might take some time and persistent labor. I'll leave you with this quote.
"Anything worth doing is worth doing correctly, ethically, and thoroughly." - Tim Zugger
Sunday, December 8, 2013
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
In everything we do or do not do a choice has to be made. Do we watch another episode of our favorite show on Netflix (because it loads automatically and is easy to do) or do we shut the TV off and take a jog around the blog with the dog. It is only one decision during one day, yet it can be life changing. All of our choices have the ability to compound and turn themselves into habits; good and bad. It is in these decisions that our lives can be controlled; make calculated, conscious decisions and your life will be easier with your habits of taking care of responsibilities and such never being questioned. Although making irrational, unconscious decisions could compound in a way that gets you stagnating in the dreams and goals you have laid out for yourself. Then you get depressed and give up on those goals and dreams.
I found a few things that can help turn around our bad habits and maybe even reinforce the good:
1. A positive outlook - without this you are on a sinking ship, stop living with the dark side and look at the right things. A positive mindset can right the course.
2. Desire to change - if everything in your life is exactly what you want then why change. You must realize that you desire a change for the better. Map out some goals and then....
3. Action - Superman, The Flash even Dr. Evil whether superhero or super villain these guys accomplished something because they acted. Create a goal or plan then act on it.
4. You have to have faith- in a none George Michael kind of way,(for those of you who remember what I am talking about) but faith in your plan. You have to believe that with consistent effort and hard work you will accomplish your goals despite any setbacks.
Your life can change for the better whether you need a little tweak (not twerk) to get your goals back on track or you are depressed and anxious about waking up everyday and going to a job you hate. Think about who you are, what makes you happy, and act on it.
Post written by Tim Zugger author of Success through Failure which will be available Dec17 2013 on Paperback and Kindle.
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
1. “I'm a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn't have the heart to let him down.” - Abraham Lincoln
2. “Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” - Thomas Edison
3. “Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success. Always be on the lookout for ways to turn a problem into an opportunity for success. Always be on the lookout for ways to nurture your dream.”- Lao Tzu
4. “Success is getting what you want.. Happiness is wanting what you get.”- Dale Carnegie
5. “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” - Norman Vincent Peale
6. “Rich people have small TVs and big libraries, and poor people have small libraries and big TVs.” - Zig Ziglar
7. “Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.” - Stephen King
8. "It isn't the gifted in intellect who succeed, but those gifted in consistent work ethic." - Tim Zugger
Do you know what the greatest day in the history of the world is? Today. Today is the only day you have to do something that can make a difference. When you realize this it can change your life. Stagnation and depression can no longer effect you. Believe you will and you will. As long as the effort is put forth on a daily basis.
I hope you enjoyed; come back tomorrow for some more.
Monday, December 2, 2013
2. “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.” - Theodore Roosevelt
3. “If you fell down yesterday, stand up today.” - H.G. Wells
4. “If we will be quiet and ready enough, we shall find compensation in every disappointment.” -Henry David Thoreau
5. "Failure is an experience, not a definition." - T. Zugger
6. “We are all failures- at least the best of us are.” -J.M. Barrie
7. “Success is determined not by whether or not you face obstacles, but by your reaction to them. And if you look at these obstacles as a containing fence, they become your excuse for failure. If you look at them as a hurdle, each one strengthens you for the next.” - Ben Carson
8. “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” - Henry Ford.
9. “The only guarantee for failure is to stop trying” - John C. Maxwell
10. “Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.” - Napoleon Hill
There is my list of failure quotes that shine a bit of a different perspective on the ominous word; failure. It is my belief that people hold such a stereotypical view of these words; success, failure, millionaire. It is quite foolish. Success is what you make of it. Failure is a learning experience. They are just words all of your thoughts about those words are preconceived ideas you hold on to like some unattainable goal.
Here is my advice. Success can never be reached only achieved. Failure can only be learned from or hidden away. Take the best out of the situations in your life and be happy with what you have and you will feel like a success. The only time you start to feel like a failure is when you compare yourself to others, which is never wise.
So if you are looking for a book to read about these principles my book will be available on December 17. Success Through Failure, you can find it on our website.
I wonder if this picture on the right was made with the intentions of being similar to the Du Hast videos ending shot. Just curious.
Because I find it utterly hilarious.
Because I find it utterly hilarious.